I'm afraid I don't believe Jesus is present in the Eucharist
First, you are not alone. Did you know that
“The Pew study, issued Aug. 5, 2019 showed that 69% of all self-identified Catholics said they believed the bread and wine used at Mass are not Jesus, but instead ‘symbols of the body and blood of Jesus Christ.’ The other 31% believed in the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, known as transubstantiation.”
Perhaps a question to ask yourself is “Why?” Why do you not believe? Can you name it?
Do you desire to learn more to understand the teaching on Jesus’ True Presence in the Eucharist?
Watch these short videos
Ready to dive a little deeper into the question? Fr. Spitzer gathers biblical and historical evidence to demonstrate that Jesus unequivocally intended that the Eucharistic bread be His real body and the Eucharistic wine be His real blood.
Do you need evidence?
A young boy named Carlo Acutis, who was beatified on October 10, 2020, spent his life promoting the gift of the Eucharist. He designed a website compiling the Eucharistic Miracles throughout the world.
Ask Jesus to help you with your belief. Pray daily.
Mark 9:24 – “I do believe, help my unbelief.”
John 20:29: Jesus said to him (Thomas), "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
Spend time in front of the Eucharist.
Find an Adoration Chapel and/or Church near you and spend some time in the Eucharistic Presence.
Wrestle with your “unbelief” in His Presence. Talk it out with Jesus.
You believe in the true presence, BUT do not fully understand the significance of "why" Jesus is truly present. Check out these books for more understanding:
The Fourth Cup: Unveiling the Mystery of the Last Supper and the Cross by Scott Hahn
Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist: Unlocking the Secrets of the Last Supper by Brant Pitre